$2 discount for LRC members
$1 discount for Illinois Valley Striders, Starved Rock Runners, Springfield Road Runner, Decatur Running Club, and Second Wind
- 4.37 mile run (7K)
- 4.37 mile competitive walk (7K)
- 7.44 mile run (12k)
- 1/2 marathon (13.1 mile)
- 3 mile walk
- Map of Lake Run Courses
- Course is flat to gently rolling around Lake Bloomington
- Footpounder classes, Male and Female
- Chip Timing by itsracetime.com
- Your results stream live online in real time
- Finishers medals for 1/2 marathon participants
- 4.37 mile competitive walk: overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards (No age group for this event)
Partial proceeds from this event will benefit local charities.
This inter-city race starts on Wood Street near Miller Park in Bloomington, east on Wood Street, then north on Main Street, through downtown Bloomington, turns west on Gregory, then north on the Constitution Trail to The Corn Crib in Normal. View Park to Park Course Map.
The race originated in 1985 as the Intercity 10K. After two years the race was changed to a 5 mile run. For years, the 5 mile run was a little longer than 5 miles. In 1993, the Lake Run club began organizing the event and made the 5 mile course accurate.
Packet Pickup and In-Person Registration:
July 3rd: 4-7 pm at Often Running
July 4th: 6-7 am at Miller Park Pavilion
Shuttle service is available between the Corn Crib and Miller Park. Prior to the race, buses will leave the Corn Crib beginning at 5:45 and ending at 6:15. After the race concludes, buses will leave the Corn Crib up through the Awards Ceremony.