Kids Run for Fun
Friday Nights June 1 - August 10, 2018
Children ages 1-12 are invited to run on Friday evenings during the summer at Parkside Junior High School. This family program is non-competitive and intended to help teach kids that exercising and running can be fun. Children will be grouped according to age with the younger ones (2 and under) running first (parents may run with young kids). Age groups with many children will run in several "heats" to avoid congestion and accidents.
Check in starts at 5:30 pm and the first run begins promptly at 6:00 pm.
Ask questions and share your stories and photos on our Facebook page! If you have additional questions, would like to volunteer or are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact program director, Joe Brannan.
- $10 - unlimited weekly attendance and T-shirt
- $5 - unlimited weekly attendance (no T-shirt)
- $1 - weekly drop-in (no T-shirt)
Trophy Night Policy
Your child must be present on trophy night to receive a trophy. There are no exceptions to the policy.
Run Etiquette and Safety
- Remind your child about using good manners while running and waiting to run. Please do not cross the course when others are running.
- Encourage your children to cheer for the other runners! Good sportsmanship is part of the fun.
- We recommend your child cools down after the run by walking and enjoying a cool drink.
- First aid kits are available. See any volunteer for assistance.
- Weekly runs will be held in most weather except extreme rain or thunderstorms.
- Due to quickly changing weather, cancellations are not made until 5:00 pm.
- Cancellations will be posted at 5:15 pm on our Facebook page and local radio station websites. Volunteers will be onsite until 5:45 pm to navigate participants if the Fun Run is cancelled.