Catch the Wave is a program geared toward getting you up and moving. It is a 10-week training program, beginning in February, designed to help beginning runners learn the basics of running and better fitness. If you’re a new runner, a casual recreational runner or just a want-to-get-back-in-to-it runner, Catch the Wave is for you.
The short-term goal of the program is to help participants prepare for the Lake Run 4.37 mile race at Lake Bloomington held on the first Saturday in May.
The long-term goal of the program is to help participants develop a better understanding of the sport of running and get on the road to a life of better fitness and health.
The ultimate goal is for you to get fit, make some friends and have FUN!
Who Can Benefit?
- People with a desire to begin living a healthier lifestyle
- Anyone who wants to begin an exercise program and get in shape
- Individuals who have run in the past and want to get back into the sport gradually
- Those who run a little but would like to work up to longer distances
- Everyone who want to make preparing for the Lake Run a fun group event
- Ten weeks of instruction that will have you ready to run the Lake Run
- Paid registration to the Lake Run, a Lake Run t-shirt and other fun giveaways
- Catch the Wave technical training t-shirt
- A day-by-day running schedule and training log that will keep your training on track
- Lots of fun and camaraderie with fellow Catch the Wave runners and walkers