Ride the Wave is a fun, supportive 11 week program from mid-February through April, preparing participants for the Lake Run 7K or 12K, always held the first Saturday in May. Runners must be able to run 3 miles without stopping in order to enjoy the weekly workouts that will help you run longer and/or faster.
- Participants are placed into pace groups, each with leaders to coach and motivate you through the different weekly workouts.
- Ride the Wavers from previous years keep coming back, enjoying the camaraderie and friendships developed during the program!
- Catch the Wave graduates are encouraged to register for Ride! We’re a fun, supportive group of folks who enjoy running at all paces and distances.
- It’s a great way to keep running with others through the more difficult winter months.
- Ride the Wave is held on Wednesdays at 5:30 pm. The first two weeks (2/19 and 2/26), Ride the Way will meet in the building at G.E. Park. The entrance to G.E. Park is on the north side of G.E. Road between Veteran’s Parkway and Hershey Road. Click here to view the entrance to G.E. Park.
- 11 week running program
- Registration for the Lake Run 7K or 12K distance
- Lake Run t-shirt
- Cool Ride the Wave shirt
- A boatload of fun!
Runners must be a member of the Lake Run Club to participate in Ride the Wave. You will have the opportunity to join or renew your LRC membership when you register for Ride the Wave. Annual membership to the Lake Run Club is an additional cost and not included in the Ride the Wave fee.
Registration for 2014 is now open! There are two ways to register:
- Online registration
- In-person registration at Often Running/Vitesse on Saturday, February 15 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. Checks or cash only.
Early registration of $50 plus Lake Run Club membership (and online processing fee) ends February 15! Don’t wait, register now! I guarantee that you’ll be so happy you registered!
Contact program director, Robyn Walter, for more information.