Catch the Wave
The program begins February 27, 2018 at 5:30 pm at GE Park, 1750 General Electric Road in Bloomington.
All runs will take place at 5:30 pm on Tuesday nights at GE Park.
Program Director - Dawn Dieckgrafe
Beginning in February, Catch the Wave teaches the basics of efficient running and increasing your athletic abilities. Whether you're ready to get back into peak condition or new to the sport, Catch the Wave will guide you through a 10-week training program that prepares you for the 4.37 mile Lake Run race hosted at Lake Bloomington the first Saturday in May.
In addition to preparing you for the Lake Run in May, Catch the Wave’s long-term goal is to help you develop a better understanding of the sport of running and to get you on the road to a life of better fitness and health. Get fit, make friends, and have fun!
Who Can Benefit?
- People with a desire to begin living a healthier lifestyle
- Anyone who wants to begin an exercise program and get in shape
- Individuals who have run in the past and want to get back into the sport gradually
- Those who run a little but would like to work up to longer distances
- Everyone who want to make preparing for the Lake Run a fun group event
- 10 weeks of instruction and preparation for the Lake Run (4.37 miles)
- Lake Run registration
- Lake Run t-shirt
- Catch the Wave technical training t-shirt
- Daily running schedule and training log
- Additional giveaway
Read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Contact program director, Dawn Dieckgrafe with any questions.