Make the Connection
A NEW 10K Training Program for Busy Athletes!
Prepare for the Canal Connection 10K using an 8 week program designed for those athletes with busy work and life schedules. There are two training plans to choose from: 1) a 2 workout per week schedule and 2) a 3 workout per week schedule; both designed for the intermediate runner looking to get faster on lower mileage.
Program begins after Labor Day Weekend and will lead up to the Canal Connection in November
Created by Justin Stanek, Instructional Assistant Professor in the School of Kinesiology and the Clinical Coordinator of the Illinois State University Undergraduate Athletic Training Education Program.
Cost: $80-$90 for late registration
Training Program Benefits
- Free entry into the Canal Connection 10K (valued at $25)
- 15% off coupon that you can use and retain throughout the training block
- Free 3-pack of Saucony running socks
- Discounted pair of Saucony Running shoes
- Dedicated Facebook group to coordinate workouts
- Thursday workouts done as a group from Often Running at 6pm