We are pleased to announce that the Evergreen Lake 5K will be taking place this year! Please review the Social Distancing Procedures we have put in place to ensure you have a safe and successful run. You will select your preferred start time when you register, first come first served! Register for Evergreen Lake 5k here.
Our intent is to host the 2020 Evergreen Lake 5K. The race will be conducted within the framework of all health and social distance guidelines. Therefore, the race will have a much different look and feel than previous years. As a participant, it is your responsibility to understand the rules of participation and follow them to help ensure more races in our area can be successfully run. The information presented is likely to be refined as race day approaches. A final set of instructions will be emailed to all participants on race week.
Goal: To give runners a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
• Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered. No registration at pick-up or on race day will be available for any reason.
• Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
• The start waves are 8:00AM, 8:05AM, and 8:10AM. Each wave will have a limit of 45 participants. Can’t remember what start time you picked, click “FIND A PARTICIPANT” atop this page.
• Pickup of your race bib and shirt prior to race day is strongly encouraged. Available at Often Running (Normal, IL) on Friday, 4:30-6:00PM. Limited race day pickup will be available.
• Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line.
• Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will automatically start.
• The start line closes at 8:15AM. Anyone not started by that time will not be permitted on course.
• Aid Stations: A self service water station will be available. Consider running with the nutrition/water that you will need to successfully finish the 5K run. Products are available at Often Running (Normal, IL) that make the carrying of water while running extremely manageable.
• It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the roadway. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the roadway.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
• There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
• Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• Results will not be posted on site.
• There will be no awards given out for the 2020 race.
• Results will be updated throughout the morning at www.ItsRaceTime.com
• Anyone not registered for the race and included in the limited head count, including family members, will not be permitted in the registration area or the start/finish area. The introduction of additional people will put us over the maximum allowable number of attendees.
Accurate 5K (3.1 miles) course on paved roads adjacent to beautiful Lake Evergreen at Comlara Park near Hudson, Illinois. Race will start near the swim area/boat dock.